Monday, July 12, 2010

Creepy Simulacrum...

... or approaching AI? Or there already?

“Even if I appear clueless, perhaps I’m not. You can see through the strange shadow self, my future self. The self in the future where I’m truly awakened. And so in a sense this robot, me, I am just a portal.”

I would like to know whether this was a very-well written canned response or whether Bina48 came up with this "herself". If she came up with it herself, then is understanding the possibility of having a self the same thing as actually having one? It seems like it's probably language that Bina48 has simply borrowed from the original Bina, though--text from original Bina's recorded conversations which Bina48 has scanned using some algorithm as a likely appropriate response to the interviewer's question.

No comments:

Post a Comment